Park Board Minutes
DECEMBER 28, 2016
Pursuant to due call and notice thereof, a regular meeting of the Wahpeton Park Board was held on Wednesday, December 29, 2016 at 5:15 pm in the Community Center in Wahpeton, North Dakota.
Commissioners present: Wayne Gripentrog, Deb Tobias and Joe Schreiner.
Staff present: Laree Bumgarner, Recreation Supervisor and Connie Metcalf, Park Board Clerk.
Meeting was called to order by Wayne Gripentrog.
Motion by Gripentrog, seconded by Tobias to appoint new Park Board Commissioner Joe Schreiner, who will finish Ben Oliver’s term. Motion carried 2 -0. Connie Metcalf, Park Clerk read the Oath of Office.
Motion by Tobias, seconded by Gripentrog to approve November 16, 2016 minutes. Motion carried 3-0.
Reports from Officers
Park Maintenance – No report.
Zoo Director –. No report.
Parks-Recreation Director – Written report.
Recreation Supervisor – Laree Bumgarner
- Coed volleyball is going well with 12 teams. Women’s League has only has eight teams.
- Men’s basketball is going strong with eight teams.
- Compliments have been given for three NDSCS boys basketball coaches who bring spark to the boy’s games.
- Not many kids are showing up for the dances. They may be cut back to once a month.
- Warming house opened on December 19, 2016. Lots of kids are ice skating and using the sledding hill.
- Multi –purpose court has been very slushy with the warm weather.
- College students are supervising open gym.
Reports from Commissioners and Committees:
Recreation – The Recreation Supervisor reported on NDSCS Work Study students.
Head of the Red Youth Activities Association – no report.
Maintenance – no report.
Personnel/Finance/Planning – no report.
Community Center – no report.
Motion by Tobias, seconded by Wayne Gripentrog to approve Director of Parks & Recreation signature on First Community Credit Union account. Motion carried 3-0.
Motion by Tobias, seconded by Gripentrog to approve committee reports. Motion carried 3-0.
Committee Meeting Schedule
- Recreation Committee – Thursday, January 12th at noon hour.
- Maintenance Committee – Tuesday, January 10th at 9 AM.
- Personnel/Finance/Planning Committee –Friday, January 27th at 8:30 AM.
Motion by Tobias, seconded by Schreiner to approve financial reports and payment of Park Board bills. Motion carried 3-0.
Date of next meeting: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 – 5:15 Wahpeton Community Center.
Motion by Deb Tobias, seconded by Joe Schreiner to adjourn meeting. Motion Carried 3-0.